“Hey, save some hot water so I can take a shower!”
“We’re out of hot water—again!”
Sound familiar? Hot water is a day-to-day essential that we tend to take for granted—but we severely miss it the moment it’s unavailable. If you can relate, perhaps it’s time to install a tankless water heater.
What is a tankless heater?
There are two types of water heaters—conventional storage heaters and tankless heaters. Conventional storage heaters keep pre-heated water in a storage tank, always working to maintain the desired temperature. Tankless heaters heat the water only as it flows through the system, when you want it.
What are the main benefits of tankless heaters?
1. Tankless water heaters can be natural gas, propane, or electric.
2. They use a heat exchange powerful enough to heat water as it circulates. This provides endless, on-demand hot water.
3. You’ll basically never run out of hot water!
4. Because tankless heaters only use energy when needed, you can save on water bills.
5. Many tankless water heaters can adjust the temperature by single degrees at a time. Even a few degrees can have a drastic effect on energy use—and therefore your bills.
6. Tankless water heaters are excellent choices for tighter living spaces—like apartments, condos, or homes with smaller storage areas (and especially for those with limited access).
7. Tankless heaters can last five to ten years longer than conventional heaters.
Okay, I’m sold. What’s next?
The size of the water heater must be evaluated to ensure it meets the needs of the household. The flow rate and the temperature rise (the difference between your groundwater and desired temperatures) must also be evaluated. To confirm you have the best fit, size, and energy efficiency, discuss your options with us. Set up an appointment with our experts today.
A word of caution
Because tankless water heaters don’t always line up perfectly with the hook-ups of a conventional storage heater, it is a bad idea for a DIY project. Trying to handle the installation yourself could cause many problems—and fixing them will be expensive.
That’s where we come in. If the benefits of a tankless water heater appeal to you, contact us! We’re here to provide the highest quality service while ensuring your satisfaction.