Did you know your HVAC system should be serviced one or two times a year? The most important evaluation is in the spring/early summer window—and filter changes must happen regularly, too. Other than that, HVAC maintenance should be smooth sailing.
But as time goes on, and wear and tear occurs, your cooling system could be costing you more than it is worth. It’s important to fix a broken system before summer hits, so here are some symptoms that could indicate yours is costing you a pretty penny:
- Your utility bills are inexplicably high. This means something is wrong, causing your system to run harder than necessary. In the end, this results in more repairs and bigger bills.
- The system runs unusually long. Whether it’s short cycling or overrunning, your unit is taking damage and you are not comfortable. Your unit is costing you more than it should.
- You experience uneven temperatures in different areas of your home. Again, this spikes utility bills, especially if you find yourself needing to increase or decrease temperatures so you’re comfortable in places where you spend the most time.
- Your system is louder than usual or makes odd noises. This is a cry for repairs, which could become pricey if ignored for long periods of time.
- The thermostat is broken. Your system works harder and inefficiently if your thermostat is damaged, which leads to the same high repair costs.
- You haven’t changed the filter recently. Like many other issues, this causes the system to work harder and longer than it should. Keeping up with filter changes is very important.
- The system is old or on its last leg. As with anything that starts falling apart, a system that is old will reach a point where it is more cost-effective to replace it than to keep repairing it. If you believe this may be the case for you, scheduling a maintenance visit to save the money you may be tossing into an old machine.
- It’s unable to keep up with extreme weather conditions. After an intense winter, if you do not believe your unit can provide a comfortable temperature for you this summer, a maintenance check is advised.
If any of these problems sound familiar, it’s time to give us a call. You deserve to be comfortable in your home at a low cost, and we want to help you get there! Our experienced technicians will evaluate your system to see where costs can be relieved, or even removed. Reach out to our team today.